It's bad enough to have 634 channels of TV, none of which actually entertain me, so it's normally nice to have various news versions to inform my interest. But during this season of Presidential politics most of the information venues insist on informing me to the point of distraction. I already know for what I will vote. At the designated time, whoever stands for that will get mine. I'm not too worried about being fooled; liars seem to stick out like a sore thumb. Here's a clue: Smooth and greasy are just as slick. Anyway, at times like these I get backed into the History Channel and cartoons, and in desperation abandon my easy chair and flee to thee. Hear my cry, oh Muse.
So, now what? Well, just as I was about to proceed, my newest friend managed to become entangled in my computer's wires causing an unexpected shutdown and me to redo the previous paragraph. It was just as well; you wouldn't have liked the first version any better than I did in retrospect. My friend? She is a tabby cat of about 10 months, and she likes me.
I am a dog person. In this I am firm, I have always been comfortable with my outgoing canine buddies. They are so easy to like, so supportive of one's ego, and so willing to share any blame that is being distributed. We are talking about emotional accessories. In-dis-pensable.
Cats, on the other hand are famously independent and singularly un-impressible, unwilling to deify you or even to cut you some slack. Oh, they can be had, but there are terms.
If dogs and cats could speak the Queen's English, here's how they'd sound:
Dog: (bobbing his head) "G'die, Guv'nor, 'ow c'n oi 'elp yer Lordship?
Cat: (pausing upon entry) "'Ere now, wot's this?!"
Anyway, in spite of being a dog person I am living in a cat venue, and here is a strange thing. The more I ignore it, the more this creature strives to gain my attention. I think I may have found something more difficult and interesting to understand than the American political process, and that is a plus. I find that I am grateful. Here. kitty, kitty, kitty.
Lookout!
Regards, Daddy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Re cats v dogs. The comedian Jack Dee once gave the perfect description of the difference between cats & dogs. Picture the scene - man putting up set of shelves. Dog sits there looking adoringly at him - thinks 'I don't know what you are doing but I love you'. Cat sits there looking scathing and thinks 'Well, I wouldn't do it like that'. Couldn't have put it more succinctly if I tried - and I have 3 cats!
Post a Comment