Friday, January 28, 2011

Dances With Doofuses

They're rioting in Africa.
There's strife in Iran.
What nature doesn't do to us
Will be done by our fellow man. *


These are the final lyrics of a song I learned in the early 1960's (see below). You should Google the whole thing and see how little has changed.

It seems to me that those who genuinely try to help people only set themselves up to be victimized or even murdered by the local sociopaths
(official or un), while average citizens run about waving their arms to indicate their solidarity or anonymity or both. It's really hard for me to get behind truth and justice for all when I see how far that has gotten since that silly but profound song first came out. Actually, it was funny.......then.

There are days in my life
When everything is dreary
I grow pessimistic
Sad and world weary.
But when I'm tearful and fearfully upset,
I always sing this merry little minuet.


Well, that's the intro to " The Merry Minuet", and maybe if I go over it again I'll be able to get some perspective on the most recent round of whatever the news channels believe is important for us to know.

Good luck to all.

* THE MERRY MINUET (Sheldon Harnick), 1953 musical Almanac, recorded by the Kingston Trio, Tom Lehrer, and Bud and Travis. And performed by me when I was young.

Regards,
Daddy




No comments: